- Antti Sihvonen (Bass)
- Jyri Kivimäki (Vocals)
- Joona Karppi (Drums)
- Janne Halla (Guitars)
- Jere Riikonen (Guitars)
Where in Finland are you from?
- We are all living in the greater area of Helsinki nowadays, and most of the band members come from Helsinki, but our guitarists come from Mäntsälä and Outokumpu.
How would you describe your band for those who don’t know you?
- If you like good pop/rock -music with meaningful lyrics, try us. We’ve been inspired by so many awesome musicians, that it would be impossible to describe us by using examples from our own favorites. Our music may be categorized as “main stream”, but I can assure you – we’re not your average pop-band either. Take a listen to us and find that edge yourself!
When did you form as a group?
- Twincity was founded in September 2010, when we found our guitar players Janne and Jere.
What was the inspiration for your recent album?
- I think that we were all just very inspired to work hard on this album. We knew our potential, and we knew the things that we really wanted to improve at, comparing to our first EP release. Songs on this EP are also very inspiring and we knew how we wanted to portray certain emotions considering global warming, desperate love story or the way someone can steal your heart – and your favorite cds. You can guess which emotion is linked to which song…
What other releases do you have?
- We have previously released one EP, which is called “After The Last Words Is Silence”.
What is your favorite song on your most recent album?
- We can’t name one, because all of them turned out equally awesome!
Do you have any gigs coming up?
- Yes, we have the “Unbreakable EP” release party coming up next week, 21.9.11 at Club Liberte, Helsinki.
What’s your favorite type of venue to play?
- Uhm, it depends on the crowd, small place could be as good as big one if the atmosphere is right.
If you could play anywhere in the world this week, where would it be?
- At some legendary festivals for example Roskilde or venue like Royal Albert Hall. Our singer is a huge Berlin fan, so he would most likely prefer some Berlin-club like Columbia Halle.
Do you have a Website, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter etc?
- Yes, we just launched our new website www.twincity.fi, which also includes links to our official YouTube -site, MySpace and Facebook.
What are your influences as a band?
- All kinds of music from different genres, we all have slightly different taste in music, so we all bring our own spices to songs when we’re arranging songs together.
People who enjoy your music tend to like what other bands?
- Muse, Mew, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Angels and Airwaves, Kent, Radiohead, Matchbox 20, Keane, Tiger Lou among many others.
Are you signed to a label?
- Nope, not yet, but we are looking forward to.
Where do you think you’ll be as a band in 5 years?
- We have done some much in so little time, that I barely dare to think about the future. If we keep up this pace, we’ve probably released like 10 albums, played hundreds of gigs and conquered the world. Well, seriously speaking, the only thing that really matters, is that I hope we’re still having fun after those five years – cos that’s what music is all about.
Is there anything else people should know about Twincity?
- In the near future we start to work with our 1st music video for one of the songs in the new EP. We keep you fans excited by not telling you which one of the songs it will be! Stay tuned.