- Samuli Varis, Guitar
- Riku Varis, Bass
- Heikki Oinonen, Drums
- Ville Hakasalo, Vocals & Guitar
Where in Finland are you from?
- We are from Tampere. Little less than 200 kilometers from capital city of Finland, Helsinki, to the north. Our drummer lives in Joensuu nowadays which is so far away from Tampere that I can’t even describe how far it is!
How would you describe your band for those who don’t know you?
- We play pretty straight metal but we also have this pretty side of catchy melodies, too. Our music is pretty much riff-based like many older bands. Oh, and we sing in Finnish.
When did you form as a group?
- Kameleontti is established in 2001 but our current line-up have been together 6 years now.
What was the inspiration for your recent album?
- Lyrically I have to say a little bit of everything. Things like natural disasters, financial disasters or just random thoughts of life.
What other releases do you have?
- We have only one album but we have several EP’s under our belt: Sarkaimet, Vähitellen Vaikenee, Kaiken Jälkeen and Luojan Kiitos. Also we have few music videos if those counts.
What is your favorite song on your most recent album?
- Everybody has their own opinion but mine is “Leiki kuollutta” because it has a good message wrapped up with nice groovy music.
Do you have any gigs coming up?
- We have only one gig in Turku for this year and that’s it. Right now we are putting our new songs together and getting ready to release a new album.
What’s your favorite type of venue to play?
- Soundwise I have to say clubs but for a small band like us the bigger venue the better! But in the other hand we had gig at Rytmikorjaamo (which is a big venue in Seinäjoki) earlier this year and that place sounded awesome.
If you could play anywhere in the world this week, where would it be?
- Let’s say Madison Square Garden in New York City. Who doesn’t?! Whole another question is where the hell we gonna get that many people to fill it…
Do you have a Website, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter etc?
What are your influences as a band?
- Let’s say a few bands like Meshuggah, Deftones, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Pantera… There are so many bands but I think all of our boys find their own.
People who enjoy your music tend to like what other bands?
- I am not quite sure but those bands I mentioned above makes us move so maybe you should try one of those…
Are you signed to a label?
- We have our own label. It’s a very comfortable situation for us. You can only blame yourself on everything.
Where do you think you’ll be as a band in 5 years?
- Maybe we are recording our 3rd album and planning to release it to the Christmas markets. Who knows…Ok, let’s be reasonable and say 4th album, heh?
Is there anything else people should know about Kameleontti?
- We are always putting our best possible product out every time we release anything. That’s one thing you can always count on.