-Michael Henneken (Vocals), Jami Huovinen (Drums), Toni Huovinen (Guitars), Kari Tornack (Keys), Janne Laaksonen (Bass, Backing Vocals)
Where in Finland are you from?
-Myself, my brother Toni and Kari, we’re from Helsinki, but Michael and Janne are from Turku (they talk funny )
How would you describe your band for those who don’t know you?
- We are a newcomer band from Finland, playing a superb mixture of classic hard rock and in-your-face heavy metal tunes.
When did you form as a group?
-Originally Sentiment was formed in 1996, by Jami (drums) and Toni (guitar) Huovinen. The current line up was reached after countless member changes.
Michael joined the band in 2004 and Janne in the beginning of 2008. Kari (ex-Thunderstone) decided to join the band in the summer of 2007, after promising to handle live shows in 2005 for as long as we’ll need until we find a permanent replacement for our previous keyboardist.
What was the inspiration for your recent album?
- This is the music I’ve always wanted to make. We compose most of the songs with Toni and Kari. We put all ideas together and see how it works together, and then we’re starting to produce the song. Michael makes all the lyrics and vocal melodies, so I have no idea where he gets the ideas for the songs, but he speaks out very well every kind of problems we have to face in our lives. I really like his lyrics because they actually have some purpose and meaning. Not just words that sound cool
What other releases do you have?
-We have done several different demos with several different line-ups. We made “Breaking The Chains” demo with Michael in 2004 and after that we started to compose songs for the first album.. “From Here To Ever After” was our first full length album, but unfortunately it was released only in Asia. Now we started to make our second album which should be ready during the winter of 2011. But we’re still searching for a decent record label and a distributor for Europe and America as well. I still hope that someday “From Here To Ever After” will be available all over the world.
What is your favorite song on your most recent album?
- Black Star Rising. Good up-beat tempo song with great feeling.
Do you have any gigs coming up?
- Our booking agency has booked some shows for this fall, but none of them have confirmed yet. Every show will be posted to our Website, MySpace and Facebook as soon as they’re confirmed.
What’s your favorite type of venue to play?
- Tavastia club is my favourite place in Finland. Great sounding place and perfectly designed hall for the audience. Of course festivals are great too with the big stages and everything.. But still, I like it better in clubs.
If you could play anywhere in the world this week, where would it be?
- This week? In general from all the places, I would say Wacken Open Air, because I’ve never played there and it has been my dream to play there with Sentiment someday.
Do you have a Website, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter etc?
What are your influences as a band?
- Everybody has different influences but in general 70′s and 80′s hard rock and metal. Of course some modern power and heavy metal bands as well but there are too many to be listed
People who enjoy your music tend to like what other bands?
- Those who enjoy our music usually like power and heavy metal as well. Very difficult to say what bands they’re into.
Are you signed to a label?
- No. So wake up labels!
Where do you think you’ll be as a band in 5 years?
- Hopefully on that level where our (hopefully) 4th studio album will be released world wide and we’re about to hit on a tour
Is there anything else people should know about Sentiment?
- That’s about it. Visit our site people and listen some good guality metal Enjoy!
Over and out