- Kari Luotonen – Drums, Vocals
- Mikko Rintamäki – Lead & Rhythm Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, String Arrangements
- Janne Saine – Bass Guitars
- Lauri Hurtola – Rhythm & Lead Guitars, Acoustic Guitars
Where in Finland are you from?
– Originally we are from the west coast of Finland, but nowadays we live in Helsinki, Pori and Merikarvia.
How would you describe your band for those who don’t know you?
– We play death/trash metal with exquisite style.
When did you form as a group?
– Kalmantach was formed in 2008 by Mikko, Kari and Lauri. Janne joined in 2009.
What was the inspiration for your recent album?
– An inspiration to the “II”-ep is quite simple: When you turn your back to the ones you love they put a knife in it. Then it’s your time to get your revenge. That is the theme that affects to the lyrics most.
What other releases do you have?
– We’ve released “Kohtalon Arvet”-demo in January 13th 2009. It was our first release and it was released in our MySpace. We have an upcoming release that will be out before summer (2010).
What is your favorite song on your most recent album?
– Surujen Huominen, but the best is yet to come.
Do you have any gigs coming up?
– Our next gig is in S-osis, Turku in 6th of March 2010. We are also planning to promote our upcoming release by doing more shows around Finland. More info in our MySpace!
What’s your favorite type of venue to play?
– We love to play in every place we can, but the most favourite place is quite small, intense club.
If you could play anywhere in the world this week, where would it be?
– In a place where are people who likes our music. That’s all that matters.
Do you have a Website, MySpace, Facebook, Trig etc?
What are your influences as a band?
– Too many to mention, but we like Finnish and Swedish death metal, Norwegian and Polish black metal and American groove/thrash metal. We also like bands such as Pink Floyd.
People who enjoy your music tend to like what other bands?
– It is hard to say, maybe you should ask them.
Are you signed to a label?
– We are currently seeking for a record deal.
Where do you think you’ll be as a band in 5 years?
– Hopefully we’ll have a record deal, one or more full-lengths out and at least 30 – 40 gigs in a year.
Is there anything else people should know about Kalmantach?
– Enough bullshit, come to see us live, listen to our songs and let the music speak for itself!