- Janne Kärkkäinen (Guitar/Vocals), Pyry Nikkilä (Guitar), Anton Laurila (Drums) and Lauri Hämäläinen (Bass/Vocals)
Where In Finland Are You From?
- We all live in the capitol area of Finland. Me & Anton in Espoo, Pyry and Lauri in Helsinki. The funny thing is that Me and Lauri have lived our childhood in Vantaa, about 200 meters apart. In different centuries thou..
How Would You Describe Your Band For Those Who Don’t Know You?
- We like to think that we are "a genuine rock band". A kind of band that plays their songs as they come out, and try not to play any roles.
When Did You Form As A Group?
- Phoenix Effect is originally my project to get back into the saddle after I fell from the tree a couple of years back. I started the process with the guys from a Finnish band Poets Of The Fall. The guys were helping me out in song writing and eventually they produced the album. Pyry came along pretty early as well and he also plays on the album. Lauri and Anton have joined us only a couple of months ago so in that way the band is still a bit in a "diaper phase".
What Was The Inspiration For Your Recent Album?
- Inspiration comes from pretty much anywhere. I feel it’s more or less in the moment of the inspiration, not so much in the target.
What Other Releases Do You Have?
- we have t-shirts
What Is Your Favorite Song On Your Most Recent Album?
- All the songs are dear and it always hard to pick just one. I’ve found myself diggin ‘Bye Bye Arizona’ lately…
Do You Have Any Gigs Coming Up?
- Yep. The first show is May 15th and we have approx ten shows in Finland. We also visit Moscow in June Hopefully we get to play a whole lot more.
What’s Your Favorite Type Of Venue To Play?
- I think any venue with a decent stage is great. Small or big, don’t really care. It’s always the people who make the show. I think that even the amount of people is irrelevant. I’ve played in Milano in a club for 1000 people with only 200-300 people present, and the roof was about to come down.
If You Could Play Anywhere In The World This Week, Where Would It Be?
- Conan O’Brien show
Do You Have A Website, Trig, MySpace, Facebook Etc.?
What Are Your Influences As A Band?
- I think that most of our influences come from American rock music. Bands like Pearl Jam, Metallica, etc.
People Who Enjoy Your Music Tend To Like What Other Bands?
- Well.. This is something that we would probably need to ask from the people, but I’ve noticed that a lot of Poets Of The Fall -fans have given us good feedback.
Are You Signed To A Label?
- We are signed on an independent label, Insomniac.
Where Do You Think You’ll Be As A Band In 5 Years?
- Hopefully still making records and playing music in all the places you can imagine. That’s the goal.
Is There Anything Else People Should Know About Phoenix Effect?
- Hmmm… I think there is a lot. But you should see us in action and you will have your answer