Caleb – Vocals, Tayo – Drums, Jared – Bass/Vocals, Sigur – Guitar and Ismer- Guitar/Vocals
Where In Finland Are You From?
- FIRE▲L is based in Helsinki.
How Would You Describe Your Band For Those Who Don’t Know You?
- Goth grunge with killer melodies and heavy riffs.
When Did You Form As A Group?
- Feb 2009.
What Was The Inspiration For Your Recent Album?
- For the upcoming album ‘Molotov Cocktails’, the inspiration was the feelings one is left to deal with after losing someone that has meant the world to you. It’s about shedding one’s skin, learning to stand on your own two feet. It also deals with some phenomena in modern society, and the roles that we are supposed to fit in.
What Other Releases Do You Have?
- None. However, a different version of Bleak’s [Burns Inside] might be re-recorded sometime in the future.
What Is Your Favorite Song On Your Most Recent Album?
- All the songs are very personal to me, it’s hard to pick just one…but I’d say ‘The Crying’ would be one of my favorites.
Do You Have Any Gigs Coming Up?
- The upcoming gigs will be announced on the official website sometime in the near future.
What’s Your Favorite Type Of Venue To Play?
- Almost anything goes if people feel the music.
If You Could Play Anywhere In The World This Week, Where Would It Be?
- I don’t know about this week but Lollapalooza would be a great festival to play at.
Do You Have A Website, Trig, MySpace, Facebook Etc.?
What Are Your Influences As A Band?
- Deftones, Pearl Jam, Slipknot, Alice In Chains to mention a few.
People Who Enjoy Your Music Tend To Like What Other Bands?
- It varies.
Are You Signed To A Label?
- Not at the moment, but will be.
Where Do You Think You’ll Be As A Band In 5 Years?
- Hopefully touring around the States and known worldwide
Is There Anything Else People Should Know About FIRE▲L?
- FIRE▲L is an ‘updated’ version of Bleak. Almost all the FIRE▲L songs were originally written for Bleak’s second album. The main difference is in the name and the other members of the band. However, FIRE▲L is not to be taken as a copy of Bleak – there are still completely new songs written with the members of FIRE▲L, and the inner structure, the general feeling within, the way to approach music is something different, and a lot better. And you will see and hear it for yourself, soon